A week in and I'm feeling good.
Here are some things I've made this week
Paleo Pancakes (Sooo good, even Peter loves them!)
Banana Bacon Frittata (The recipe was a little bland... next time I will add vanilla and cinnamon and will post the altered recipe here - also, it really needs some maple syrup, which, sadly, we don't have in Brazil)
Apple Paleo Muffins - I used almond meal instead of almond flour, but they still turned out good. You can't really taste the apple, though.
Banana/Peach Smoothie - Ingredients: One frozen banana (I used two small ones), frozen peaches or peach puree, almond milk. I just eyeballed the almond milk and kept adding more until it was a consistency I wanted. Mix in a food processor or blender.
Beet salad: Cooked beet root, cooked corn (not sure if corn is allowed or not, but we've been eating it), drizzle of olive oil, drizzle of lemon juice, sprinkle of salt
Fresh salads of various kinds
Zucchini Spaghetti - slice the zucchini into "noodles" (would help if I had this vegetable "spiralizer"), throw the "zoodles" into the simmering sauce for a few minutes to cook a little bit, then eat!
Here are some things I'm looking forward to making this coming week
Paleo Lemon Bars
Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Asian Cauliflower "Fried Rice"
Carrot "Fries" - Cut carrots into sticks, drizzle with olive oil and salt, bake until browned
- I need to be careful about how many almonds I'm consuming. I think I might be developing an allergy to them... :( :( :(
- It's going to be difficult to do Paleo while avoiding nuts (my body can not tolerate pecans, walnuts, macadamia nuts, brazil nuts, or peanuts). I have been doing ok with pistachios, but now that I'm starting to react to almonds, I might cut out all nuts just to be safe.
- Peter says, "Wow, you're baking a lot, making a lot of good food, I should have agreed to this sooner!"
- I feel like I am spending all my time in the kitchen - prepping, baking, cooking, cleaning up... I DON'T have a mixer of any kind, NOR a blender, so I am using my one, small food processor for everything. I find myself cleaning that thing at least 2 times for every meal I prepare.
- Our kitchen is HOT. When it's in the 90s outside, the kitchen does not have air conditioning, and the stove and oven on all the time... I'm sweating all day!
- I will post pictures once I feel like I've made progress (on losing weight). I haven't been able to exercise much because my asthma has been so bad. :(
- This is doable, especially since I'm not working full time. If I were working full time, it would be a lot more difficult!
- I'm excited to see what happens!