Brianne over at Lamm to the Laughter has given me a Liebster Award. I had never heard of it before, but I did some research and found out that it's an online award bloggers give each other to help boost page views. Or just to be nice. It's kind of like a chain-email (remember when those were super popular?). I tried to find the rules and regulations of this award, but there were so many different variations. I've been stuck in bed, very sick, for a couple of days, and I'm just too lazy and not feeling well enough to try to pursue it. So I decided that I will answer Brianne's questions and leave it at that. My brain is too foggy to even think about how to pass it on, chain-blogger style. I may come back and revisit it when I feel better. In the meantime, go check out Brianne's blog. She's a fun gal from NC who I hope to meet some day!
So here are the 11 questions I received from Brianne:
1. What is one thing you just will not blog about?
Hm... not much actually. I'm pretty open about my life with almost anyone I meet (maybe too open, some would say).
2. What is your favorite music video?
To be honest I don't watch music videos. I think the last music video I watched was in Junior High and it was NSync's "Bye bye bye" where they're puppets... I don't know if that even counts as a "favorite" but more of "the only one I've seen" haha. Wait, I just remembered a video that I posted on my blog awhile ago. I don't know if it counts as a music video, but I love it.
3. Tell us about your favorite charitable organization.
I love Compassion International. I was sponsoring a child in Ecuador for many years until he left the program. I then started supporting another child but had to suspend my subscription while in Brazil. :(
4. Have you ever tripped and fallen in an excitingly embarrassing way?
Nope. But one time in high school I was reaching under my chair to grab a book (we had shelves under our chairs) and I fell off the chair... In my defense, I was wearing a very silky type of skirt and the chairs were very smooth and slippery...
5. Don't tell me what's in your bag. Tell me what's in your fridge.
A couple of hardboiled eggs, some Brazilian "prato" cheese, a few slices of gluten-free bread, craisins, green beans, probiotic drink, drinkable Activia, milk... clearly we need to go grocery shopping!
6. Your readers are eskimos. Sell them ice.
This brand of ice is seriously the best ice I've ever had. If you've never tried it, you need to now. It will change your whole perspective of reality.
7. Have you ever traced your family history? Do you have any interesting relatives?
No. My grandpa served during WWII teaching soldiers how to fly airplanes (I think), which is pretty cool. My mom's parents adopted two girls from Korea and fostered another daughter, which is also pretty cool.
8. What is your craziest dream (sleeping dream)? I know it probably doesn't make sense, but write it out anyway!
I have recurring nightmares about elevators... They're always extremely tall, freestanding (as in not attached to the building they're supposed to be servicing), swaying in the wind, and very scary. I also have dreams about driving on intertwining freeways and suddenly the roads turn into slides (but they still look like roads) and I'm sliding on my bum and don't have control over where I'm going or how fast I'm going...
9. If you could call a summit of any 5 people that ever lived, who would you invite and where in the entire world would you choose to meet?
Jesus, George Washington, C.S. Lewis, Martin Luther, and Aristotle. I think I'd have them convene in my backyard (of my dream home) for some s'mores.
10. Tell us about a time when you flubbed an interview question as bad as Miss Teen South Carolina.
11. Write a haiku about your favorite non-blogging pastime.
I like to read books.
I enjoy some tv shows.
Music is the best.
11 random facts about me:
1. I'm 1/4 Korean.
2. I HATE IT when people use bad grammar. Ok, I admit I'm not the best at sentence structure and syntax. I type as I think... as if I'm having a conversation with you. But I will never misuse it, it's, your, you're, there, they're, their, who's, or whose. These are just the basics, people. You've had since second grade to get them right.
3. If a blog post has too many words, I won't read it. (If I saw this very post in my feed, I would probably scroll through, scan for key words, and only read the whole thing if I thought it looked interesting.)
4. I google movies to make sure they have happy endings before I watch them. Sad endings? Aint nobody got time for that!
5. Peeing is such an inconvenience and I get annoyed every single time I have to stop whatever I'm doing to go empty my bladder.
6. I love flossing my teeth.
7. I say what I mean and mean what I say. Some people call it bluntness. I call it honesty.
8. I'm obsessed with the Betsy-Tacy series, and I always wished I could be Betsy.
9. I love old musicals. My favorites are Singing in the Rain and White Christmas.
10. My friends tell me that I'm bold and outgoing, but sometimes, given the right circumstances, I can be very shy.
11. Even after playing piano and violin since childhood, countless auditions, 16 juries in undergrad, required performances, etc. etc., I still get extremely nervous to sing or play solos. I wish wish wish I could be a soloist, but I don't think it's ever going to happen. (Conducting, on the other hand, is something that has never made me nervous. I don't know why, but I've never had nerves before conducting...)
Ok that's all I have energy for today. Now it's time to snuggle back into my covers and hopefully get some sleep. I didn't sleep much last night due to extreme congestion that just hurt so bad. I even made Peter get up at 2:30am to get me some medicine. I hate taking medicine, but I just couldn't handle it any longer. Have you ever had so much congestion that it hurts your ears when you swallow? I can't yawn for fear that my ear drums will explode. Ok, enough of the gory details. I hope your day is faring better than mine.