The other day I was rifling through my notebook/sketchbook/idea book, and I found something I had written about my "ideal job." The things I wrote are important for me to continue to remember. Because, it's not just about the job title or duties, but how it affects my personal life, married life, emotional well-being, etc. as well. (Let's be honest - your work life often does affect your personal life.)
Here is what I wrote:
* Not just "surviving"
* Not just "getting by" or "biding my time," waiting for something better
* Musical knowledge is utilized
* Thriving and growing as a musician and person
* Happy and excited to go to work, with lots of ideas to implement
* Creativity is appreciated
* My voice and visions are heard and implemented
* Salary to live on and save
Are you currently in your ideal job? If so, what do you love about it? If not, what is your ideal job?